FAILS AND RE-WRITE RULES
Fails and re-write rules
Students must achieve 75% or higher to pass the course. In the event of a fail, the student will need to wait the period of time as indicated below, before re-sitting an exam.
- Students may not apply to rewrite an examination until he or she has received the official result notification.
- A student who has failed an examination conducted by the Authority for the issue of a flight crew licence may not rewrite the examination –
- In the case of a first or second failure, within a period of 7 calendar days;
- In the case of a third or subsequent failure, within a period of 2 calendar months;
- Where a mark of less than 50% was achieved, within a period of 2 calendar months.
If a mark of less than 50% is achieved in conjunction with a third or subsequent failure, the respective periods of 2 calendar months shall run concurrently.