RPL Training course outline
UAV Industries is a licenced Aviation Training Organisation (ATO Number: CAA/0380) by the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) for drones (RPAs). UAV Industries currently provides four different courses in the South African context:
- The Remotely Pilot Aircraft Pilot Licence (RPL), which leads the student to graduating with a SACAA recognised pilots licence;
- An internal course with regards to getting pilots, with an issued RPL, up to the correct level with regards to them operating within a Remote Operating Company;
- An internal course that is an introduction to drones and takes students through the basics of drones. This course is for hobby pilots and a UAV Industries certificate is issued;
- An RPL Instructors course approved by SACAA. This a student that graduates this course will become an instructor to train further students to obtain their RPL.
UAV Industries has taken away much of the hard work of obtaining a Remote Pilot Licence (RPL) for commercial drone operations, by designing an all-inclusive training course that guides and supports applicants through all the steps required to obtaining your license.
Our courses consist of an intensive theory and practical training course that tests students at each step, culminating in a day of flight training at our centre in the Klein Karoo (Cape Town Students Only).
RPL Training Course outline
Classroom training covers a wide range of subjects, followed by multiple choice examinations.
– Air Law
– Flight Planning and Navigation
– Human Factors
– Principles of Flight
– Technical aspects and related items
– Recapitulation of coursework and practical planning session
Once exams have been completed, students will be required to complete:
– Restricted Radio Licence training
– English Proficiency Exam, which includes an oral interview with examiner.
The practical training component of the course includes 1-2-1 flight training with a qualified, experienced Flight Instructor, which culminates in a skills test with a Designated Flight Examiner
On the successful completion of the exams and skill tests, UAV Industries will assist students to complete the RPL application form and will submit the application on their behalf to the South African Civil Aviation Authority.