Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) Training Course
UAV Industries is proud to present our Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) endorsement Training course, which is certified by the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA). We currently have two authorised flight schools, in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
The advent of BVLOS training in South Africa represents a big step up for both UAV Industries and the SACAA in terms of international BVLOS operations and standards. This endorsement allows a correctly certified RPL pilot to now undertake BVLOS operations, ensuring a consistent standard that complies with accepted international aviation standards.
PREREQUISITE: You must hold a valid SA CAA Remote Pilot Licence (RPL).
BVLOS Training Outline
The 10-day course is made up of a combination of lectures, briefings, exams and mission Simulator sessions. The end objective of the course is a SACAA issued BVLOS Endorsement to your RPL.
(Please note that one of these days may fall on a Saturday/public holiday)
Some of the modules covered include:
- Air Law as applicable to BVLOS
- Airspaces & Radio Procedures as applicable to BVLOS
- Introduction to Mission Planning Software
- BVLOS simulator Mission scenario (Simulator Familiarisation)
- BVLOS Simulator mission Scenario Planning
- Meteorology & Instrument flight (IF)
- UAV Technical
- Crew Resource Management (CRM)
- BVLOS simulator Mission Scenario (Check Mission)
* Please note that although this course will use BVLOS Mission planning and simulator software, it is not a certification in any specific software*
WHY CHOOSE UAV INDUSTRIES?
- We are an integrated ground and flight school where students progress seamlessly from one stage to the next.
- We put your license in your hand: our BVLOS Endorsement course includes handling of all the application paperwork to save you time and effort.
- We are the only flight school that is linked to the holder of a Remote Operating Certificate.
- Our students’ training is continuously updated based on real live operational experience.
- Our Instructors possess both RPA and manned experience as well as practical operational experience.